Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Joy of My Gardens!

I have been so blessed! My garden is overflowing with peonies, roses and other beauties. I'd like to share some photos I took today. My goldfish pond has a stone waterfall I built a few years ago and moss has graced the stones that get damp from the mist. I'm hoping the waterlily will finally bloom this summer.
This is the old driveway which shows a nice view of the north cottage garden and the edge of the boardwalk to the stairs and front door.
We built a garage on the opposite end of the house last year so have a concrete drive there and recently added a loop between them. Flowering trees and shrubs are along the side closest to the road. When they widened the road a few years ago they removed most of our shade trees and a beautiful blue spruce as well as a forsythia hedge, all of which helped to block road noise. Now we have a new hedge sprouting, alternating lilacs with the forsythias which was at my feet when I took this next photo. The house looks a lot smaller now that it is divided up like this. The dogeared fence hides the private hot tub garden.
I took several shots of the north garden which spans the width of our home while standing on one spot and then merged the photos for a quasi-panoramic view. Pathways wind through for access and raised beds next to the house create a nice shady place to sit most of the year. The landscape timber in front borders the driveway and actually follows a straight line, but if you stood across the drive where I stood this is how it would look as you visually scan the beds.
More photos tomorrow... I had camera and computer issues today and can't access them yet! Come and visit - you can see it all in person and sip some cinnamon iced tea!

















2 comments:

  1. Just lovely Judy. We have lots of the knock out roses in our yard. I love roses. They were my mums favorite flower. So, I asked Buck to plant a yellow one in our yard to honor her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody thanks. Yellow roses are my favorite roses too. But I love the smell of peonies and lilacs just as much! I can't wait till our lilacs are large enough to produce blooms. We have a white lilac along the old driveway but it's scent is much different. My husband loves that one the most.

    ReplyDelete