Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Slim Sadie

   Meet Slim Sadie and her clown friend. The adorable clown was designed and made by Jody Miller.  They were at the Guilded Lilies Doll Artist Guild meeting in September and posed together for a photo. 
   Sadie was designed by me and made with Fast 2 Fuse and heavy interfacing to make her sturdy yet 1/4th inch thin. Her limbs are jointed with jeweled brads. Her face was completed with colored pencils and ink pens.
   Sadie was created along with a journal to travel for more than a year spending a month at a time in a different dollmaker's home. Sadie will visit places with each dollmaker and have her photo taken while out and about. Each dollmaker will add photos and comments regarding what Sadie has been up to in the journal and add something to the doll itself. When Sadie returns home she'll be fully clothed and have a journal full of adventures.  
   The round robin is hosted by Doll Street, an on line doll club and is based on the story of Flat Stanley, a 1964 children's book written by Jeff Brown. In the story Stanley gets flattened by a bulletin board but learns he can now slide under locked doors and can even be mailed.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun. I have been burned three out of the three times I have done round robins via mail and will not do it again. But, I hope all who partake enjoy it. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you got burner. I've been burned before in doll swaps. I figure a flat doll and a journal are much easier than a full doll so maybe it will be fine. It worked for me the last time Doll Street did the round robin.

      Delete
  2. What fun! Love the colors of Jody's dolls. I was disappointed when I got moved out of Group One because you are in it! Maybe when my doll gets home she can come for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! We'll swap flat dolls for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would actually love to do a private doll swap with a few of my doll art friends. We did that a few years back, but the group wasn't small. I think four or five people would be great. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be fun, Cody! Keep me in mind for when you want to do it!

    ReplyDelete