Friday, March 18, 2022

Dusty Moon Assistant to the Queen of Fae

 

     My newest pattern release Dusty Moon is actually an old pattern created for my local doll club, the Guilded Lilies.  We wanted to design a new pattern book (it was our second or third publication, I’m not sure) and the concept was for multiple people to create a story.  One person would create a chapter, create dolls for her characters, design a pattern to go along with the dolls and then another person would pick up and continue the story until it was complete.  Well the idea was wonderful but I believe only 2 or 3 of us actually added to the story.  There was a magical tree created as well as a beautiful little girl named Teeny in a pinafore, both created by Inez Brasch.  Inez gave those dolls to me but alas, I am in the process of moving my studio back to my ground level entry basement now that I have recovered from back surgery, and I've no clue which box those dolls are in.  I'll post them someday.

       

     Anywhoo, my character was Dusty Moon, assistant to the Queen of Fae.  She is elderly, as she has held the position for a very long time and knows how to best care for the queen.  I made the doll, designed a pattern with the basics for our booklet and recently revised the pattern with all the bells and whistles.

.     

     Dusty has a sweet elderly face that includes needle felted eyebrows and lashes.  She is a stump doll, so she stands on her own and wears a vest of handmade chenille, which the pattern explains how to create.  The vest includes six interior pockets, each full of necessities including miniature bottles of herbs for healing teas, a spool of thread and a miniature brass mirror.  Dangling from her belt are other basic needs: an assortment of keys, a miniature brass fan that actually folds open and closed, an hourglass and a flask - for medicinal purposes, of course.  On her back Dusty totes a pack full of assorted scrolled documents with decrees from the Queen herself.  Originally Dusty held a 1¼ inch book, but it seems to be packed somewhere with Teeny and the tree.       

     This pattern is available at my Etsy shop as a PDF and at Dollmakers Journey in printed form.  You can purchase my PDF Dusty Moon Pattern here.


You can purchase a paper copy of my Dusty Moon Pattern at Dollmakers Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment