Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Meet Fetch

 
         Meet Fetch, my new studio assistant. At Artistic Figures in Cloth and Clay I took a two day workshop with Dawn Schiller of Odd Fae and created this whimsical piece.
 
 
         Fetch is sculpted from polymer clay and has a cloth body and limbs. Hands and feet are also polymer.
           The sculpting tool in his hands is his way of helping in the studio - handing me tools.  I still need to add a button as a brooche on his shoulder and a little button on the side of his thigh but other than that he is complete.
          This little Ghostly Goth Girl was made in a class with Michelle Lynch.  Way out of my box, though she still turned out to have a pretty face, she has gears, a clock and a working compass to make her a little steampunk. The propeller on her head spins! She is sculpted in Apoxie Sculpt.
The whole event was loads of fun but the classes were superb!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy .. Looks like you had a fantastic time .. both doll are wonderful ..hugs Heather Brauner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love these pieces! AFICC was SO much fun and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! Wish I could have been there

    RuthAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are those! I love their faces... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these dolls are fabulous Judy. Glad to know that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete