Monday, September 12, 2022

Back In the Saddle Again!

Well I can't believe how long it's been since I posted!  But I am so much better now than I have been for the last couple of years.

The last doll I made was a almost a year ago at "Artistic Figures in Cloth and Clay" (AFICC), which is held here in Columbus and run by Cyndy Sieving, the most organized person I have ever met.  My teacher was Paula McGee, and the doll was her "Willabelle the Weeping Willow."  Paula did my doll's face as I was having trouble with my hands shaking, which was the result of medication and no longer pesters me. (YAY!)

I used (I hope it's past tense!) to have what I lovingly called, "Pattern Acquisition Syndrome" and collected patterns from all sorts of doll artists, but never even opened the patterns, let alone made the dolls, so I have decided to at least read the patterns that appear to have cool techniques like different jointing, wings, variations on needle sculpting the face and wonderful costumes, etc.  I've been learning some fun stuff!  I think my next doll will be someone else's pattern, though I haven't decided who yet.  I'm still reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment