Monday, December 17, 2018

       Well, the craft show went really well.  I can't believe it's taken me a month to get back here and tell you about it.  Saturday was pretty steady all day long.  Sunday had the after church crowd and was a bit slow after that.  I think next year we need to add 2 or 3 additional vendors.  We didn't use the bedroom we had planned to use, so we would have the room to add people.

        I didn't take photos (dopey me!) so I'll share with you an older one.  This pic is of a face that I made on a cloth covered button, then used to embellish a mini purse.


        This pic is the face of Master Ferryman.  He was designed to sit on a string mohair turtle and he would carry a fishing rod with a snail on it.  Together the piece was called, "The Hurrier I go the Behinder I get."  The turtle had a weird combination of colors: purple and yellow, pink and green for starters.  I didn't have any fabric that would go with it so I made my own using FME (Free Motion Embroidery).  I layered small scraps of fabrics and fibers on one piece of fabric and stitched over all of it in random patterns to lock everything down.  Then I cut the jacket pieces out of the new fabric.  He had hand sewn leather shoes, beadwork and lots of lace as well as facial hair.  A woman came to the show and only wanted my doll and not the turtle.  She paid me more that I've ever made on a doll.  So here is Master Ferryman.


   Lastly, I want to share Heliotrope.  There was an alphabet challenge with the on line doll club called, "Doll Street".  I was given the letter "H".  I created the letter by using the doll's arms and legs, and after dressing her in purple, called her "Heliotrope."  She sold almost immediately at my next show.



1 comment:

  1. Glad the craft show was good for you. I love shows in homes and different rooms.

    ReplyDelete