Saturday, May 11, 2019

Still Unboxing!

       I have been working on the studio bit by bit and most recently books.  My bookcases are like 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide.  They hold a lot of books!  That's great because I HAVE a lot of books! I got distracted and think I'll be reading Reclaimed Textiles this afternoon since I am done unpacking books today.


       So far,today I have opened 5 wine boxes. Each box was designed for 12 wine bottles and I packed the books in them to make them lighter to lift than the bigger boxes I used for everything else. Anywhoo, my wonderful son Shawn moved these 5 boxes out for me and between all 5 I managed to fill only a shelf and a half.  I thought it would make a bigger dent that that, but no.  So I went to the studio, moved a few things around and exposed more boxes of books for Shawn to carry in to the studio tomorrow.  Then I'll have to move more stuff for him to get to more books. The hard part was I wanted to sit and read a couple.  I am guilty of buying a book and not actually reading it.  (Shame on me!) I tend to flip through and look at the pics, read a couple lines of info and then saving the book for later, put it on my work table, or desk.  Then eventually, I'll clean up the studio- well at least the work table and put the books away that are there.   



So far I have only found 1 duplicate book! The one above.

       It will be easier to prevent duplicates from happening since the book shelves and my desk where I order from Amazon are on the same floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment