Thursday, June 18, 2020

Kittie


        I finally sat down and created something and she is SO cute!  Meet Kittie, a pin cushion for a swap with my on line doll club Doll Street.  
       I knew I'd be stuck sitting down for at least a day and a half because I was going to get another steroid injection in my back, so I gathered what I needed and set it all beside my chair the night before my procedure.  I figured machine sewing felt would make turning things right side out a challenge, especially the tail and the tiny pointed ears so using tiny stitches I hand sewed the felt kittie. I'm happy that the stitches are so small you have to look for them.  I used the blanket stitch to border the cushion with the same pink Pearle Cotton that I used for stitching her facial features and then I made the tassels out of the Pearle Cotton and sewed them on.  I also added a little stacked beadwork at the base of the blanket stitches.
       I'm feeling much better now that the steroids have kicked in.  I'm off to the post office to mail this package off for the swap and looking forward to seeing photos of all the pin cushions as well as receiving one for me.  
       It's been a while since I had a hand sewing project and I guess I had forgotten how much I enjoy hand sewing. I love this adorable little Kittie so much I just might make another one for myself!  

8 comments:

  1. I just made the exact pattern for a blog linky party called the Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade. It's till going on you should post this on it:) I really like the way you finished the pillow. I left mine plain but now I think I might add tassels too :) Here's the link to the PPPP linky.....https://mysismademe.blogspot.com/2020/06/perfectly-pleasing-pincushion-parade.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Ann! I missed the Parade but they had some fun pin cushions there. I saw a tea pot that was obviously made by a quilter and I loved it!

      Delete
  2. Kittie is so cute! I hate to think she'll get hurt with pins being pushed into her....
    Wonderful work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, when I make one for me I won't call her a pincushion... unless you can do voodoo on a bad behaving cat...lol! Actually I love cats! I'm trying to talk Hubby into a kitten but so far it's a no go.

      Delete
    2. Hi Judy. I have made this pattern. It sold, in our local wool and gifts shop, within hours of me putting it in. I made it in a sparse white mohair. I was very pleased with it. If I find a pic I will post it for you to see..xx

      Delete