Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Look What I did!

        So you've read that I'm behind and trying to catch up.  Well, here is a doll I made in the Artistic Figures in Cloth and Clay conference a year ago April in Paula McGee's workshop.  Paula was very kind and as I was having tremors in my hands she made the face for my doll.  Thanks Paula!

        Willabelle the Weeping Willow seated is about 20 inches tall.  She is supposed to have a crown that looks like it is made of twigs and then embellished, of course; my favorite part.  I got the supplies out a few times, looked at them and then decided it wasn't the right day to do it, or some other obscure excuse, so she is crownless.  Maybe someday.   

        Paula designed a great doll and she makes the most amazing doll hands!  Paula recently began teaching at her ETSY site.


2 comments:

  1. Thank YOU! I had so much fun in those classes and I got to meet the wonderful you and everyone else too.... I love the colors you chose here and those purple locks of hair are exquisite... even if you just did a "headband" of ribbon and bit of flowers or something... would look great <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed that you posted here. Thanks for your kind words. I cannot tell a lie, I love the colors and fabrics too! Someday I'll do that crown. I spent a fortune on silk flowers because I had no idea what I wanted. I wanted to set a birds nest inside the crown but the shapes didn't mesh well, so now I have to think! Anywhoo, thanks for the class! And for doing my face. My tremors have gone away so I hope to be teaching again soon!

    ReplyDelete