Friday, June 29, 2018

Paisley Praise

     I have revised another doll pattern.  This one is Paisley Praise, a beautiful angel.  You can find her at my ETSY site.

     When I was in the hospital several years ago with severe double pneumonia I was afraid I might die.  Then one quiet evening I was resting in bed with my eyes closed and I felt hands on each leg and each arm.  I opened my eyes to see who was there, but I was alone.  I closed my eyes and immediately felt the hands again.  I believe it was angels comforting me and letting me know I would be all right.  And then of course, I was all right.   The experience invited me to create this doll.



Here is a pic of the pattern
I made another version, though she is just Lady Paisley as she has no wings.



     Here is a close up on Paisley's wing.  The wing is made of two sided fabric, cut into strips of feathers, stitched using Free Motion Embroidery to add details to the feathers then attached to a wire to make the wings pose able.


     I really enjoyed making this doll.  Choosing all the complimentary fabrics was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment