Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Wall Continues...

The center section of the garden wall I've been covering with faux stones is 7 1/2 feet long by 2 feet tall.  It's recessed 12 inches from the main wall, without the lower raised bed attached.  I want to place a small set of table and two chairs there, heavy ones that won't get caught in storms, and decided to make it a little more interesting than the faux stone so I am creating a free form mosaic. 

The randomly placed pieces are placed one at a time. I laid the circle out, also one piece at a time, on clear contact paper and pressed it into the mortar, then left it to dry before peeling the paper back off the next day.  This way I could create several circles in various sizes on rainy days and wait for the sun to attach them. 

I used flat back marbles, sea glass, glass discs, ceramic tile and some irridescent glass rectangles and hexagons.  Some of the circles have faces placed in the center that are created with polymer clay or UTEE - Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in press molds.  I can't wait to get the rest of the circles up and fill in the detailed background!  Hopefully there will be sun tomorrow and I can get back to creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment