Wednesday, August 15, 2018

So... It's Wednesday...

       I have been trying to post every Wednesday for the past few months so here I am again.  My son Shawn is completely moved in (home from 5 1/2 years in Chicago) and when I work on packing up the studio to move upstairs he carries boxes and totes right away so I get instant gratification.  Craig and Shawn discussed some of my cabinets and such and are trying to figure out how to get them where I want them.  I want to use 2 bedrooms for general supplies and then the living room as my classroom with all the little bits of stuff I use all the time like pens, pencils, beads, tools, the sewing machine, and whatnot.  But now I have to re-evaluate and start imagining all over thanks to small doorways and sharp turns with very little space.  Rah.  I went over all this in my head many times and had everything exactly how I wanted it.  Now, I get to do it again.  Shawn took measurements for me so maybe I should start there.  LOL!  You can tell I have the artistic mind as I should have started with measurements and not dreams.

       So, I'm beginning to think about weekend workshops and weekly classes as well as new on line classes.  What would you like me to teach?  I am currently wanting to do another mixed media canvas based piece like The Harvest Queen, below.  


       I want to choose a different color theme, of course, and I'm kicking that around.  I think it might be for the bathroom students would use, so that may help me figure things out.  We'll see.  The Harvest Queen currently hangs in my kitchen, which is painted pumpkin with dark green counter tops.  I think she looks great there amidst my Green Man shelf and my Green Woman head sculpt.

        In packing I emptied two cabinets full of fabric.  These are pattern cabinets from when Sew-Fro closed about 100 years ago and I have always had fabric in them.  So I touched every piece of fabric as I packed and OMG!  Wow!  Do I have a lot of gorgeous fabric!  I have absolutely have no excuse not to immediately make 40 dolls!  Then there are the additional drawers with the "good fabric" and there were two smallish boxes full of the fabric I bought from E-Quilter over the last two years because their newsletter enticed me.  Their advertising is very effective and that's all I have to say about that.

        My current patterns and online workshops are all available at my ETSY site as well as Craftsy, Doll Street and A For Artistic.  What I want to know is what do you want to learn now?  For live classes I can teach techniques and/ or complete dolls.  For on line classes I believe a finished item is the best option.  The great news about on line classes is now that Shawn is back home he can set me up to video my projects and edit them instead of me taking photos at each step along the way.  I'm very excited about that as I've wanted to for years, but my first son, Brian does sound not video, so he couldn't get me going.

        So, what's your desire to learn?  Hit me with your best shot.  Challenge me!  I can't wait to dive in, except first I have to get things upstairs and put away.


No comments:

Post a Comment